Girls Inc. of NW Oregon offers programs for girls 8-18 around the greater Portland area. Girls Inc. programs focus on developing healthy behaviors, adopting new life skills, and encouraging girls to reach higher. Girls Inc. programs are led by a team of experience Girls Inc. program staff and volunteer Girls Guides.
Girls who participate in Girls Inc. Programs:
- Create meaningful, supportive peer groups that encourage female solidarity
- Grow self-esteem that carries over to home, school, and the community
- Develop sound decision-making and communication skills
- Assert themselves as confident individuals throughout their lives
- Build key leadership skills and strong work ethics
Girls Inc. award-winning, research-based and gender specific curriculum work with girls to build skills and confidence in specific subject areas to empower them to dream bigger, strive higher, and reach economically independent futures. Read more about our curriculum here.