The Associates Mentoring Program provides an opportunity for a group of women at your workplace to volunteer as a team with a Girls Group.
Girls Inc. works to ensure that organizations participating in the Girls Inc. Associate Mentoring Program are provided a good fit with one of our Girls Groups for an overall meaningful experience for both the Girls and the mentors.
A Girls Inc. AMP group usually consists of 4-5 women who commit to meeting with their assigned Girls Group 4-5 times over an 8-10 week period. Mentors and their girls meet at the company worksite, which helps to provide the Girls engaging and creative ways for career exploration and orients them to “futures thinking” and opportunities.
What is the commitment of an Associate Mentoring Program volunteer?
- One pre-program meeting with Program Director and Girls Guide to lay out project scope
- 4-5 1.5 hour meetings over 8-10 weeks with one of our Girls Groups
- Preparation/lesson planning time for each meeting
- One pre-training and ongoing support from Girls Inc.
What are the responsibilities of an AMP group of volunteers?
Work with our staff to create the group outline by using models from our Leadership & Community Action curriculum as a guide to create a community project with the girls that:
- Reflects the team’s values, interests and concerns.
- Fits the resources and time constraints available
- Builds celebration into the project
Some of the overall goals would be to:
- Create an opportunity for Girls to acquire knowledge and skills that enhance their leadership and decision making capacity
- Give girls the opportunity to experience and learn about professional careers, education options, and workplace culture
- Complete the Girls Inc. volunteer application
- One of our Girls Inc. staff will follow up with you talk about how you can partner with us.
Apply to volunteer with Girls Inc.
Please complete our online application to begin the process to volunteer with Girls Inc.