Girls Inc. works to pair each Girls Group participating in the Girls Inc. Media Literacy® program with a volunteer media artist. Media Artist volunteers can work in print, film, photography, design, or any other creative field.
A Girls Inc. Media Artist commits to meeting with her assigned Girls Group 4-5 times over an 8-week period to serve as a role model and help the group develop a Media Project reflecting the girls’ voices ready to be shared at the Girls Inc. Media Showcase in May each year.
What is the commitment of a Media Artist volunteer?
- One pre-program meeting with Program Director and Girls Guide to lay out project scope
- 4-5 1.5 hour meetings over 8 weeks with one of our Girls Groups
- Preparation/lesson planning time for each meeting
- One pre-training and ongoing support from Girls Inc.
What are the responsibilities of a Media Artist volunteer?
- Plan and facilitate hands-on activities introducing girls to your media field
- Provide engaging and creative ways for career exploration
- Collaborate with facilitator and girls in determining Media Project subject matter
- Work with youth and facilitator to complete a Media Project to be presented at the Girls Inc. Media Showcase in May
- Complete the Girls Inc. volunteer application
- One of our Girls Inc. staff will follow up with you talk about how you can partner with us.
Apply to volunteer with Girls Inc.
Please complete our online application to begin the process to volunteer with Girls Inc.